Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tom Yum Baked Snapper冬荫酱焗鲷鱼 – Featured in Group Recipes


"What do I do with the snapper for dinner tonight? "

Taking out the last snapper given by Ellen, I puzzled over it, trying to figure out what other good way to cook it since we just had steamed snapper on Friday. As the fish was still pretty fresh, it kind of a waste to deep frying. Moreover, I was put off by the idea of the cleaning up part after deep frying, what a hassle! L

So, what did I do with the fish? Keep the wok, do away the steamer, let just chuck it into oven and what cuisine for tonight? Let's do Thai J

Tom Yum Baked Snapper冬荫酱焗鲷鱼 (Featured in Group Recipes 21/11/2010)
The appetizingly sourish and savory taste of Tom Yum is always great to go with seafood. It would be even better if I added in some tomatoes, ladies fingers (okra) :-P


TOM YUM BAKED SNAPPER


Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves 3

INGREDIENTS:
1 whole red snapper
2 tbsp of Tom Yum paste
½ onion cut into slices
1 lemon juice
Mint leaves to garnish

Tom Yum Sauce
2 tbsp Tom Yum paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
100ml water
(if you prefer soupy, add more water and adjust the taste accordingly)


METHOD:
  1. Clean and cut 2 slits on each side of the fish.
  2. Line a baking tray with a sheet of aluminium foil with length enough to wrap the fish.
  3. Pre-heat oven at 200 degree Celsius.
  4. Arrange the fish on the tin foil, sprinkle with onion
  5. Pour Tom Yum sauce over the fish and wrap it all up and seal the tin foil tightly.
  6. Put the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Removed and test fish with skewer, if skewer comes out clean, fish is done.
  8. Squeeze lemon juice over, garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
冬荫酱焗鲷鱼

材料:
1整条鲷鱼
2汤匙冬荫酱料
½ 粒大洋葱去皮切片
1粒柠檬汁
薄荷叶装饰

冬荫酱料
冬荫酱2汤匙
1茶匙糖
1汤匙鱼露
100ml水

方法:
鱼洗净,在鱼身两边各斜切2刀。
2。行一个有足够长度铝箔包裹的鱼板烤盘。
3。预热烤箱200摄氏度。
4。把鱼排在锡纸上,撒上洋葱
5。把冬荫酱汁倒在鱼上,后密封锡纸。
6。放进烤箱焗烤20分钟。
7。用竹签测试鱼,如果竹签出来干净,鱼就熟了。
8。取出加入柠檬汁,洒上薄荷叶,即可食用。

1

9 comments:

  1. Really yummy, great idea to use the yum paste and I love your recipe since it is baked....For the baked donut, you can also add an egg but reduce the milk little bit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I never thought to use Tom Yum paste!! Thanks for the recipe.. believe it or not, I have plenty of tom yum paste leftover in my fridge.. and a whole snapper in my freezer just WAITING for me to cook this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim:
    Hope you try it and you can balance with some green and tomatoes goes great with it! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. T&T:
    Thanks for your extra tips on making donuts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your snapper looks awesome...love the way you prepared without mess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juliana:
    I'm a lazy "cook", for daily dinner I love simple, fast and not messy cooking. Only once a blue moon when I have formal dinner, then only I will consider complicated dishes :-)
    Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. make me feel like going picnic again. I miss your mussels la.

    will try this out next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 想问你是用什么牌子的tomyam酱呢?因为有些不好吃的。

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agnes:
    谢谢和欢迎您的到访.
    如果你是来自马来西亚,那么你可以考虑使用带有皇冠标志,或与鸽子标志冬荫酱。
    不过,我觉得只要是从泰国来的冬荫酱(瓶身有泰文)他们的口味更好,更正宗 :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails