Monday, September 20, 2010

Nam Yee baked Pork Chops南乳猪排


When we planned for our move here, I insisted to bring over some of my favorite Malaysian  cook books. Now, I'm so glad we did even though they were so heavy to carry over. These cook books are now my cooking bibles. Not only they gave me ideas what to serve on our dinner table; they too helped me gain popularity among my new circles of friend by introducing unique Malaysian food to them.

My number one choice of these cook books are series of cook books which featured Malaysia Hawkers' dishes. Below is another version of oven baked pork chop which I improvised based on one of these cook books. I followed their Nam Yee (南乳) seasoning but instead of deep fry I used oven baked, which is much healthier and easier.
(Move mouse over the photo to see more photo)
@15/09/2010 dinner


Nam Yee baked Pork Chops南乳猪排

Ingredients:
4 pork chops with/out rind (Original recipe calls for spare ribs about 1kg)

Marinade:
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (I skip on this)
2 pieces Nam Yee (fermented red bean curds)
1tbsp Nam Yee juice
2tbsp of garlic powder or finely crushed fresh garlic
½ tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine)
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp five spice powder
1 tsp sesame oil
2tbsp plain flour, 6 tbsp corn flour
1tsp coriander leaves
1 egg (lightly beaten)
100ml water

Method:
  1. Wash and clean the pork chop and pat dry with paper towel.
  2. If pork chops with rind being used, slit the rind about 1-2cm gap to get a crispy rind when bake.
  3. Combine all marinade in a bowl and mix well with pork chops and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. ( I refrigerated them overnight in an enclosed container)
  4. Arrange coated pork chops on greased baking tray or layer with baking paper.
  5. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, turn and bake for another 20 minutes or until the chops are golden brown. (Instead of oven baked, you can deep fry as per original recipe)
材料
4片猪排(原食谱要求排骨约1公斤)

腌料
1茶匙苏打(我没下)
2块南乳(发酵红豆腐)
1汤匙南乳汁
2汤匙蒜茸
半汤匙酱油
1汤匙绍兴酒(中国料酒)
一汤匙蚝油
糖1汤匙
半茶匙五香粉
1茶匙麻油
2汤匙面粉,太白粉(玉米粉)6汤匙
1茶匙芫荽
1个鸡蛋(打散)
100毫升水
方法:
猪排洗干净拍干
如果使用有皮猪排, 把外皮开缝会使外皮酥脆的。
猪排加入腌料搅拌均匀,腌至少3小时或通宵(我冷藏通宵)
把烤箱预热在180℃摄氏 ,烘烤20分钟,反转再烤20分钟,或直至金黄色.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails