Frankly, I'm not really into fancy delicated baking. Takes too much of time to prepare and key point is my man at home not a sweet tooth lover and will not appreciate them except my boy.
So, every time when I'm thinking of trying out new bakery, I'm always worry how to finish the whole cake as Ming Ray and I can only eat that handful. So, friends who lived nearby me will benefit from it, am I right Cheng Ee? :-P
For baking my fave is making Muffins, because it is so easy to make by merely mixing the dry and wet ingredients and not required much skill to make them even a five years old can do it with your supervision. The most important thing is they can be ready to stomach in within half an hour!
Here is Ming Ray's favourite - Chocolate chips Muffins
Served : 6 XL muffins or 12 M muffins.
Preheat oven to 180 deg C for 15 minutes.
- Grease 6 large muffin tins or cups (paper muffin bake cups are recommended) or 12 medium cups.
- Prepare the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat eggs with sugar, add in vanilla, milk and fold in the melted butter.
- For dry ingredients, sieve multipurpose flour in a bigger bowl and add cocoa powder, baking powder. If self raising flour being used, omit the baking powder.
- Make a center well in dry ingredient and pour in the wet ingredient and mix well. Do not over mix!
- Add chocolate chips into the batter ,keep some to sprinkle on top at last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Bake at 180 degrees C until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, estimated 30 minutes for XL muffins, 20 minutes for medium size muffins.
- The Chocolate Muffins may be frozen, before serving microwave few second and it will taste as nice as freshly baked.
|Chocolatge chips still visible if sprinkle on top @ last 5 minutes|
- If you wish to use less saturated fat, try substituting ½ the butter with a good quality vegetable oil.
- If you wish to have a strong chocolate flavor you can add 1-2 more tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- You may add vanilla or white chocolate chips instead or regular ones.
- Add chocolate chips at the last five minutes, so it will just stay on top of the muffins and more presentable.