What on our dinner table tonight? Oven Baked Salmon!
Salmon is one of our favorite fish dish even when we were back home in Malaysia. However, back then we seldom have the opportunity to buy fresh Salmon at wet market. For us to eat nice salmon we need to patron fancy Japanese Restaurant and we can't seem to afford to do that often.
But ever since we moved here, Salmon seem to be a regular dish, whenever salmon on offer I will grab them. Salmon is full with healthy proteins and omega-3 fatty acids and is really a rich and healthy meal to serve as dinner.
The best way to cook salmon is also the simplest way to cook salmon with just merely sprinkle some seasoning and chuck into oven and baked!
Oven Baked Salmon烤鲑鱼
|Baked Salmon Steaks @ 30/08/2010|
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Salmon Steaks
- Finely crushed garlic
- Sand Ginger powder 沙薑粉 or ground ginger
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper ( to your taste)
- Salt (to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Half lemon – for juice
- Herbs for garnishing – Parsley, thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C degree.
- Wash and clean Salmon steaks, pat dry with paper towel.
- Season salmon steak on both sides with ingredient 1 to 6.
- Place steaks on top of aluminum foil in a baking tray, smear Olive oil on the steak and let the oil greased the foil.
- Bake in the center of oven for about 20 minutes.
- Test with a skewer, if clean skewer being taking out the fish is cooked.
- When serve, cut half lemon and zest with some squeezed lemon juice.
- You may add some herbs on top of steaks such as parsley, as I happen to have parsley in my garden, any herb you like works fine.
What my food critic said on this dish?
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy .............. 3 thumbs up by Ming Ray :-P